The idea for a coffee morning started in 1990 when a local Macmillan fundraising committee decided to hold a coffee morning and it has now grown into a national event. It is a good excuse to meet friends, have a coffee and cake and help a charity too.
Get baking and why not make these rich, moresih, chocolate brownies.
200g dark chocolate
200g unsalted butter
200g caster sugar
50g dark brown sugar
2 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp cocoa
1. Grease and line a cake tin or shallow pan with baking parchment. Heat the oven to 180/ Gas 4.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over a very low heat, then leave to cool slightly.
3. Whisk the eggs and both sugars together briefly in a large bowl then add the melted chocolate.
4. Fold in the flour and cocoa.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
6. Cook at 180/ Gas 4 for 20 minutes or until the outside is cooked but the inside is still a little gooey.
7. Leave to cool for a short time in the tin.
8. Turn the cake out onto a board and cut into squares.